Monday, August 29, 2011

Depression: The "Silent" Disease

As a result of my numerous health issues and not being able to work, my depression has been mounting.  Last week I was at the end of what I could handle.  I decided to go to the ER and they sent me to a psychiatric hospital.  I know.  You're probably thinking "nut house".  That's why I call depression the "silent" disease.  No one wants to talk about it or dare go to a hospital to get help.  The help I received was amazing and I'm looking forward to getting my mind and emotions back on track.  I am going to work diligently to post every day.  One of the coping skills I have been taught is to journal.  So I thought, a blog is an on-line journal.  I hope these posting will either help you or someone you know.  

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God"  Psalm 42:5-6; 43:5

No comments:

Post a Comment